Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Mission Accomplished!



The painting in my office was started and completed this weekend. 



The end results make my heart sing. And not to toot my own horn, but I did the best job I've ever done with painting a room. I think the wall color turned out great; even though my husband STILL isn't a big fan. (somehow I will win him over in the end...)



     And while we can agree to disagree on the wall color, we did make one official decision. My office will become a shared office. Even though he doesn't like how dark the color is, it isn't retina searing acid green or bright turquoise. Or hot pink for that matter. In the end, he is happy I chose a neutral that is a good backdrop for our ever evolving style. ( Well, MY ever evolving style..he likes contemporary-traditional while I like eclectic-modern-rustic-everything ) Now that we have decided to get back to sharing a home office space we have to configure the space to work for two of these black L-shaped desks. He is thinking a U shape against the back wall. Not sure I agree with it. But again, compromise is the name of the game.

One thing we can agree on, is that Henry is much happier with our office. 



     I can't seem to get him out, so we have embraced the idea of a small toy basket for when one of us needs to do work or research stuff on the computer. Or to just keep him close while I'm putzin' around on Ravelry or Pinterest.

     This coming weekend my husband has the lovely task of putting together the hutch and the second L-shaped desk for the office. I really don't envy him that work. Again, building stuff is not my forte and I am happy he is the one with that task. When that is done, I can finish decorating and making the space functional. Because honestly I've got three hat patterns that are in various stages of knitting and pattern writing that I want to finish so that I am able to move onto more fun and exciting things. The "when aqua ATTACKS!" hat is almost done being written up. My goal is to have it out by Friday on Ravelry but if things get busy with the kids it will have to be pushed to next week. Which is fine. But I like setting and accomplishing my goals. It may take me locking myself in my our newly painted office for an afternoon while Henry is napping. Which, really wouldn't be a terrible thing as long as I can keep myself from admiring the wall color too much.

Off to stare at my walls a bit more and ponder DIY wall art....and pattern writing. ;)
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment