Friday, February 1, 2013

Getting Geared Up!

     Today I am clearing out my home office for the massive painting project that will be happening this weekend. I've got all of my tools laid out and ready. I am only missing our tall ladder and another set of roller covers. But I am sure if I beg and plead my husband will stop by a Lowes or Home Depot on his way home today to grab me a 3 pack of them. I have no idea where the tall ladder is, so I'll be asking my husband to track it down and bring it up for me. =D


     Yesterday I started taping around the windows and discovered with my post-knee-surgery recovery I can't crouch to tape along the baseboards. So my husband will have to do it for me. There goes my promise to him.. "Oh babe, you don't have to help with any of the painting -- just bring out the supplies for me and watch the kiddos that weekend!". I am sure he will live...but I still feel guilty for having to rope him into helping to tape. And speaking of the tape...Henry was quite interested in the whole blue tape phenomenon in my office and kept peeling it off the walls. It was a bit annoying for me since he was doing it to all of the lower spot which aren't comfortable for me to reach.

But, when he gives you a great big cute smile like this...


...while copying you stretching before round two of taping you kinda gotta forgive him for it. 

     Hopefully Henry won't object too much to my painting over the weekend and will behave himself. And perhaps stay out of the office. He is known for sneaking in and trying to play with my keyboard and office chair. So I am sure that wet dark gray paint will be irresistible for his curious hands. Plus all of the fun tools and items necessary for painting are kind of fun looking too. 


I've gotta get back to taping and then fixing lunch. But before I go, I wanted to share a sneak peek of a  pattern that I will be releasing next week...


     The pattern is called "When aqua ATTACKS!". Because obviously I have a thing for this bright blue. This week Henry has worn aqua shirts three times. So I think it is safe to say that the color will be popping up in my office somewhere too! Currently it is being written in a toddler size only -- but in a few weeks I will update the PDF to include child and adult sizes. That way (if you want) your family can have a matching set. =D 

     And by the way,  Henry doesn't like to wear hats, but yesterday when it was super blustery he actually kept this on the entire time we were outside. Those pics to follow next week when the pattern goes live. =D

Take Care and Happy Knitting!
Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment