Thursday, January 24, 2013

Good Day Sunshine!



We woke up this morning to a fine, powdery dusting of snow. It was expected, but lately whenever we have a chance of snow on the forecast it seems to just miss us. As a knitter I adore snow days because it gives me an excellent excuse to bring out some knitting or start a new project. 




As a Mom it brings me great joy to see my kids so excited for the snow! 




Henry was so enthralled that a big "Whoaaaaaaa!!!!" escaped from his lips. Gwen has a 2 hour delay this morning because of the condition of the roads. They are slick and unsalted. Which means a more leisurely morning for me, a yummy breakfast for them and a movie to keep them happy. 




My favorite thing about winter and snow is the different types of sunrises that come from those matte clouds. This morning it looked like a soft watercolor painting. As I watched the sun come up I instantly had The Beatles song "Good Day Sunshine" pop into my head.




I love it when the matte clouds dissipate and a bright clear blue sky appears after it snows. Looks like it may melt most of the snow and keep my husband and I from having to shovel today. 
That is the best kind of snow day. 

I'm off to get Gwen ready for the bus and then find some knitting before all of the snow is gone!


Happy Knitting!
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment