Friday, March 30, 2012

A Long Story Short

     Wow. Time has flown by. It feels as if the month of March just evaporated into thin air. Last I posted I was gearing up for St.Patricks Day! Which turned out quite nice even though I failed at getting my husband to like corned beef & cabbage. Oh well, I can always try again next year. ;)

A day in the life post appendectomy.


     But the reason(s) why I have been rather quiet here is because our family has had another bad run with our health. We all got sick with bronchitis, then allergies set in and finally last week my husband got sick with appendicitis. Since then things have become a whirlwind. He had his appendix out last Thursday in the middle of the night and over the weekend he had some complications from his surgery ( internal bleeding and an infection ). Thankfully, he is on the mend and is starting to feel better.  I have never had to worry like that for my husband. It was scary, but I am so glad he is okay. But I hope we don't have anymore surprises like that...anytime soon!

     With all of that the time spent at the hospital you'd think I would have gotten some knitting done. But sadly, no. I didn't even finish my 3/4 Hap Shawl in time for St.Patrick's Day. But I did make some progress on my Daybreak from a year ago. We'll see what I get done in the next few weeks. My husband still can't lift anything over 20 bls ( i.e Henry!) and  can't do his normal day-to-day routine. Naturally, I am absorbing a lot of his duties,  so by the time I sit down in my recliner to relax I am exhausted. I really only get a few rows done on anything I am knitting before I start to yawn and know I should just drag my sorry butt upstairs to bed.

My Daybreak Shawl in progress



     Overall though I hope to get back to my agenda of finishing some patterns and learning some formatting/graphic design. So please keep an eye on the blog over the next two weeks. I'll have quite a bit to say since things have gone crazy in my world. lol =D

Happy Knitting!
Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment